Friday, November 17, 2006

Westie World

Growing up my family had dogs – big and small, various colors and personalities. My job as a member of my family and partial caretaker for our dog-of-the-day was to pick up the “daily deposit”. Therefore, as the years went by my only thought of dogs was stinky work.

So you have to ask – What made you change your mind? How did you move from “dog tolerator” to “dog lover”? The singular answer is Legolas. His namesake is an elf character from the movie Lord of the Rings played by Orlando Bloom. The white pointed ears are unmistakably elfin.

As silly as it might sound, not a day goes by when I do not think to myself, “How did I ever find such a fun, easy going, happy dog?” My husband says that Leggy (aka Legolas) is a reflection of my love and caring of him. (You know you have a great husband when he can hit the nail on the head like that!)

Leggy is inspiring even to the point that I have enjoyed making my blog site for BU e-Commerce class. I felt excitement as I created this site knowing that I would finally have a spot to talk about Leggy. (You know, you can only tell friends, family and co-workers so much about your dog before they start running away when they see you coming.)

I invite any and all willing readers to beginning the daily journey through Leggy’s life. Hopefully you will see a glimpse of what I see.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

This is one of the cutest dogs I've ever seen! You are right -- his name certainly fits!

Anonymous said...

Leggy is the bomb. He exudes that self-confidence that makes a little white hairy dog so...dare I say...sexy!